Below are some places I highly recommend if you get the chance to visit this beautiful vacation destination!
- Best ice cream is tied between Ice Cream Cafe and Sundae School I will say the line is always shorter at Ice Cream Cafe and just as good. Don’t forget the jimmies!
- Best seafood (from what I’m told) is Kate’s Seafood in Brewtser. It’s a walk up window sort of deal, but it’s right near the beach, so you can enjoy it with the absolute best views.
- Best overall restaurant is hands down The Orleans Inn. It is nestled right on one of the inlets from the bay and has food to please everyone. This Inn is rich in history and is even rumored to be haunted, double cool!!
- Best bayside beach has to be Crosby Landing Beach. Since it is bayside, you may want to check the tides, because during low tide on Cape Cod Bay, you would have to walk out a good number of yards before you could even get in enough water to swim in. The water is calmer and warmer on the bay, my kinda scene.
- Best oceanside beach is Coast Guard Beach in Eastham. Cold water, big waves, but a great beach! It’s a part of the National Seashore, and it is wonderfully preserved. The water temperature barely peaks in the 60’s, so be prepared for the initial shock. It is worth it though, because the waves are great for body surfing!
- Best place to grab a cocktail is Land Ho! This place is legendary in my family, stories dating back way before I graced this earth with my presence. They have two locations in Cape Cod, and one in Costa Rica. Would love to check that one out.
If you have been to the Cape, what are your favorite must have stops? If you’re thinking of going, I’d love to throw out some more suggestions. Until next year!